Can't get my computer to boot to my tv screen

Closed
TheKilled Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2010 - Feb 3, 2010 at 12:06 AM
 Sean - Mar 20, 2010 at 07:03 PM
Hello, when i hook my computers dvi to hdmi cable to my tv it wont boot past the bios. it wont start windows. but when i go back to my monitor in another room it works just fine. any ideas as to why this is happening.

im trying to hook up to a Sylvania through hdmi1 port on the tv and i am at the right channel on the tv because i can see the initial motherboard/gfx card boot.
Related:

3 responses

All I do is unplug the HDMI from the TV and wait about 10 sec after boot up. then plug it back in. Have to have it unpluged b-4 you power up your PC.
Blocked Profile
Feb 3, 2010 at 06:11 AM
Hi there,

You can refer to Faq for the connection instructions on link below:

https://ccm.net/faq/228-how-to-connect-your-pc-to-your-tv-set

Thanks
TheKilled Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2010
Feb 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM
the faq page you refereed me to has nothing to do with my problem. i know how to do set up and stuff but i cant get my computer to load when connected to my tv so i can't get to any of the settings.. it wont load to the windows logo with that scroll bar below it below it.