Modem-wireless computer-cable-nonwirles comp

Closed
confused james - Feb 3, 2010 at 01:05 PM
 confused james - Feb 3, 2010 at 02:35 PM
Hello,
I am trying to figure out how to get internet from a computer with wireless to one without. here is my setup: downstairs I have a linksys wireless-n router(wireless-n work very well, so signal strength not a problem. 65mbps through 2 solid walls!). upstairs I have a windows xp with wireless capability, so i can plug a usb wireless thing and it has wireless. it comes with a port in the back for wireless antennas. this computer is very small. I have another windows xp (vista that was converted to windows xp) that is very bulky and does not have wireless capability. I want to put them side by side, and want to connect them with a cable. I have done this, I am halfway between intermediate to expert in wireless networking (I have no actual training though) and I am stumped. I've done everything I know and It won't work. I've enabled all the internet connection sharing on both computers and It won't work. I've gone to computer hell and back to try to make this work, and It won't. someone please help!

1 response

confused james
Feb 3, 2010 at 02:35 PM
nevermind, I figured out how to do it, but the ethernet port is broken -_-