Cannot install win xp

Closed
duts63 Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday September 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 - Sep 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM
 xpcman - Oct 4, 2008 at 06:22 PM
Hey there,
Well my problem is that I cannot install windows xp actually on my computer. When I launch the installation and when it comes to the phase when it will detect my hard drive it will tell me that it cant detect any hard drive and though I have checked all the connections and a friend tried the hard drive on his pc yet it wont work, any idea please?
Related:

1 response

Open the BIOS (DEL key or F2 or ? at startup -depends on the computer) and check if it can see your hard drive. If it can't then check the jumpers on the hard drive - you can't have both the hard drive and CD drive both as MASTER. #2 disconnect the CD drive reboot and see if the BIOS and detect the hard drive. IF the BIOS can see the hard drive at this point then change the jumper on the CD drive or connect the CD via a 2nd cable.

Idea #2 most motherboards have 2 IDE plugs - change the cable to the second plug and try to boot to the BIOS