PC stuck in reboot loop at black Windows scr.

Closed
timog - Feb 11, 2010 at 05:58 PM
 bewi - Aug 23, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Hey guys,

Not sure if it's a hardware or software issue. I did have a virus problem before Christmas, but I'm pretty sure I am long shed of that.

Anyway. The problem is my computer will get to the black Windows bootup screen, and immediately reboot. I can get into Safe Mode fine, and have done system restore, and don't see that it's checked to be in auto reboot. It was doing this before I went on a vacation, but magically stopped for 2 weeks. When I got back from vacation, bam- was happening again all of a sudden. No one at the house (one roommate, one girlfriend) used the computer, or at least that's what they say and I believe them. Possibly a bad stick of memory, corrupt data, or what?
Related:

2 responses

Original poster here. On another note: When booting to safe mode, after what appears to be my video drivers load, it says PRESS ESC TO STOP SPTD.SYS - which I have found to be part of Daemon tools. Apparently someone else on another forum had a similar problem but it never was resolved for him, at least on that forum.

Thanks again!
well you could get the motherboard replaces that could be the problem or get the pc itself totally wiped then install your os(operating system) of choise