INVISIBLE VIRUS

Closed
RAGS - Feb 16, 2010 at 08:05 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 17, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Hello,

I had a lot of data on my pen.. but it got affected wid virus wen i inserted it into another pc.
i scanned it at home, removed lot of viruses. but wen i open it it doesnt show me ny data except 4 a few setups which i had.
pls help
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 17, 2010 at 06:28 AM
Hello Rags,

You may have contracted a USB Virus from the other computer and your own computer may also have become infected as well.

It is hard to tell from your description.

Would it be possible to obtain a Hyjacthis log from your computer and the other computer?

If so, please download Hyjackthis, launch the tool and request "scan and save a log". Please copy the log and post it here.

Please follow this link to Hyjackthis:

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Hyjackthis will list the computers' processes as well as susceptible registry keys.

Usually, a USB virus will show in the processes.

I look forward to hear from you.
Blocked Profile
Feb 17, 2010 at 06:33 AM
Hi there,

You should format your usb device more frequently when connected to other system so as to reduce virus infection to your system,format it and recover the data if the are important by using recover tool which can be downloaded on link below:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5325-recover-my-files/

Thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 17, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Hello Suff954,

Thank you very much for your advice and help which I had not thought about.

I am curious to know could Rags' computer become infected through is pen ? I have heard of computers which were infected by USB external memory devices with a pretty mean virus.

If you don't mind, I will leave this discussion in your competent hands and thank you for the light.