- How to close laptop and use monitor
- Close laptop with external monitor - Best answers
- Second monitor only works when laptop is closed - Best answers
- How to close laptop and use monitor hp - How-To - Hardware
- Closing laptop turns off monitor ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- How to connect acer aspire laptop to external monitor ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Broken laptop screen external monitor ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- How to play sound through laptop instead of monitor ✓ - Forum - Laptop
Go in control panel>power options. on left side of screen there is an option saying " when I close lid of laptop....", you should select "DO NOTHING"... and thats it, problem solved!
I think I found the answer: What works for me is when I make the monitor the main display and they make sure that the option 'multiple displays' is on 'extend these displays'. Now, when I close the lid, the screen remains on my monitor. Obviously, the options I am talking about are in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution. So when you do all this and close the lid on your laptop, the screen on your monitor goes black for 2 seconds and then remains the way it was.