What internet security use with Avira Anti...

Solved/Closed
SPaide - Feb 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM
 ganster_gx - Mar 30, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Hello, can someone tell me what internet security should i use with Avira Anti-virus together to make the computer more protective. ??? plz
Related:

6 responses

seoasia Posts 3 Registration date Sunday February 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2010
Feb 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM
avast antivirus is more popular. i also use this. you can try it
oh but i want to know what internet security i should use together with Avira Anti virus and Avast is not that good as Avira
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 21, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Hello,

I suggest that you do not run two antiviruses simultaneously.

Internet Security I believe come with antivirus, a firewall, Internet monitoring, e-mail scanning, etc. As far as I know there none free. Personnaly I would not feel save without a full Internet security suite as I was once hit by a Windows firewall by-pass trojan.

The question is which one to purchase. I have had large problems with Norton Symantec. Then again, it all depends on how much ram the system has as some Internet Security are really good but gooble more ram than others.

Hope this helped
will i don't use 2 anti-virus but i use Avira Anti-virus and comodo internet security only so do u have any idea what internet security is suitable with Avira Anti-virus in a computer
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 21, 2010 at 04:19 PM
Hello,

If you install an Internet Security programme you would automatically be installing a second antivirus which is something I would not recommend for many reasons.

I did not know about Comodo Internet Security but I looked it up. With Comodo Internet Security you also have an antivirus, thus, with Avira you are running two antiviruses.

Virus program only pick up on viruses found in their definition files. Using multiple anti-virus programs provides an additional level of protection. There are benefits and drawbacks to running two anti-virus programs simultaneously.

As long as the anti-virus programs don't try to access the same file during a scan, you should encounter few problems related to file access. However two antiviruses programme, some with multiple scanning engines will take a lot of your resources. At start-up, scans will take much longer with two antiviruses and your system may lag.

Using multiple anti-virus programs can protect a computer from more viruses than a single program can, although if you keep your definition files up to date, this should rarely occur. If you have two anti-virus programs installed, run one of them in the background and on the taskbar, and scan with the other for additional protection.

The main protection you have while surfing on net or even just being connected on the Internet is your firewall.

You can test your system's vulnerabilty on this site:

http://www.pcflank.com/test.htm

Should you past the test, I suggest you do not need extra protection, as long as you are careful about things you download. At best, download to you desktop, click left on the icon and request a scan with antivirus of your choice.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards
oh ok thanks but i am using comodo internet security not the anti-virus version i didn't install the Anti-virus of comodo
Feb 22, 2010 at 07:12 AM
Hello again,

Since you have a firewall and Avira, if you wish to do a periodic malware scan of your computer, I suggest that you download and install Malwarebyte. Before using Malwarebyte, you must do an update and this every time you use it. You can do quick of full scans.

You can download it from here:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

If you have more questions, I will be happy to answer them.
oh thank u very much but when i am ready i will have question to ask u
oh and installing the malware software together with anti-virus and firewall does it slow down my computer or its will???

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 24, 2010 at 05:37 AM
Hello,

No, it will not slowdown your computer.
hey do anybody know how to fix the problem or help me with his problem
its like this i was using my computer and so it freeze then i press reset and when its first page when u on the computer before it goes to the windows xp loading system it have say like this hard drive error occur press ctrl+alt+delete to restart ur computer so whats the problem when this happen and so i reformat my computer then its ok again whats the problem
Feb 26, 2010 at 04:54 AM
Hi Ganster,

Please forgive me, I don't quite understand.

You said that you reformated your computer and it is okay. Is the problem reoccuring after formatting?
oh yes it occur once again but for right now its okay no more problem