XP ANTIVIRUS PRO wont let me do anything!!

Closed
Andy - Feb 25, 2010 at 09:21 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Hello,
So i recently got the XP antivirus pro virus on my computer and have been looking all over for solutions. I have avg as my virus software on my computer and i ran it as soon as i started getting the pop ups for the security center and the notifications. it found two files one a trojan and one in the registry, which i deleted and the pop ups and notifications stopped. but now whenever i click on any program windows asks me what program do i want to open the file with? does this mean im still infected?pleaseeeee help ive been trying to get rid of this for weeks!!

Thankkss
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Hello Andy,

I am afraid you are right, you are still infected. The antivirus pro installs much more than two files, creates processes and registry entries.

Please, download Malwarebyte to your desktop from this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Please before opening, rename mbam-setup to explorer.exe

Intall Malwarebyte and from the second tab, update.

Please run a FULL system scan of your drives.

You will be amazed and pleased with the results.

Please let me know how it worked for you.