Security Antivirus Error message

Closed
ingrita - Mar 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 7, 2010 at 06:43 AM
Hello,
I would like to knwo how can I get rid of this error message. It opens a screen showing a bunch of viruses and it leads me to another page asking me to buy their product to an activation page(Professional Assistance for Your Windows PC with a price of $49).
when I looked in the add adn remove prgrams nothing is there and when I tried to install Norton Antivirus it doesnt even run.
Please help.
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 1, 2010 at 04:58 PM
Hello,

Please, it is urgent that you crush this rogue virus before it creates further damage and while you can still connect to Internet.

The evil application is self protective and will prevent running antimalware tools including Hyjackthis which is a rather simple tool.

We must try to outwit the beast while terminating the processes generated by the trojan to better eliminate it

Please follow the instructions hereunder:

Download Process Explorer and save it in C:\ folder.
Download link: http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe

2. Rename procexp.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it.

3. Select Security Tool process from the list. Should be 4946550101.exe or similar and press "Delete" button to end the process.

4. Close Process Explorer.
download MalwareBytes anti-malware:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

5. Rename mbam-setup.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it. Install, update and run MalwareBytes anti-malware. Then perform full computer scan and remove all found infections.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
•Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
•Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Mar 4, 2010 at 09:45 AM
Hello Ingrita,

Did you succeed in crushing the Trojan?
Mar 7, 2010 at 06:43 AM
Hello Ingrita,

Any good news for us?

Thank you for letting us know.