Executive file stopped me from using any IE

Closed
Gem - Feb 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 1, 2010 at 07:23 AM
Hello,
My sister was trying to download a torrent file from a dodgey site she can't remember the name of on my Firefox browser, she saved the .exe file, then opened it, and now i cannot get on either firefox or windows explorer. It opens for a couple of seconds, and then automatically closes before i can even do anything to keep the browser open.
Im prettty sure removing and reinstalling a browser would do nothing, please could you help? I'm not really sure how to fix it, i'm worried my stupid sister got a virus my anti-virus software hasnt found.

Thanks,
Gem
Related:

2 responses

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Feb 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM
Hi

3 reason Virus, Malwares, Win32

Virus
which anti vvirus software use, have u got the updated version of patch fils if not thaen download the patch files from a nother pc copy it on a usb paste it on the infected pc and run the exe file, scan ur drives
best anti virus i recommend is Avast

Malwares
https://www.malwarebytes.com/

download the ffile and scan ur system

u will be spriised to c the amount of scrap files it finds on ur system
delete them

Win32 issues
this is what u have to do

copy and paste the below given address onto the IE address bar and hit enter

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/

(note: u might get a small yellow notice on the top of ur window asK ur permission to download this file

just right click on the yellow tab and select "download file"

ONCE CLICKED IT WILL ASK U TO SAVE THE LASTEST PATCH FILES OF KASPERSKY (specially designed for win32 problems)

save onto ur HD

copy it to ur usb or any removable devices

then attach it to ur infected comp
and copy the file in the desktop or anywhere u like on the HD

once done run the exe

and follow the instructuions

once installed a window pops up

under the AUTOSCAN tab

select the primary driveS (eg C, D, E ..etc)

(Note: if u want any of ur SD cards or ay removable storage devices to be scanned for the same attach them to the comp and selct the revelant drive to it)
then selct start scan

bt default it automatically removes the harmful files

once the scan is complete

close the prog

the prog then, self un-installs itlef from ur comp... leaving only the installation file on ur HD

and u need to restart ur system

ur problem should be solved by now

Note: kindly delete all temop files fro ur IE to do so goto
Tools>Internet Options>under "Browsing History" click Delete and then Delete all
awaiting comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai India
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 1, 2010 at 07:23 AM
Hi Gem,

If you use Malwarebyte, once on your desktop, it is recommended to rename it, to Explorer.exe in case the virus is self protective. Before you run, it is very important to update it.

Ambucias
Shawinigan, Canada