November 3, 2015
- - Latest reply: a cooperator
Registration date
Monday July 25, 2011
Last seen
November 3, 2015
- Aug 19, 2011 at 03:01 AM
Hello,
Previously, I wasn't using Internet Download Manager and my Norton Internet security was detecting any infected downloaded files automatically but now I have installed Internet Download Manager ,has my Norton Internet security been detecting automatically if there are any infected downloaded files or I must alter this from Internet Download Manager manually.
please help me , I would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me.
king Regards,

See more 

5 replies

Best answer
Thank you
IDM is just a download manager,there will be no change in norton scan procedure.

Do not depend on antiviruses for finding trojans and adwares that come through internet files.Use malwarebytes ,super antispyware periodically to scan for infections.
Thank you so much, but I think all of malwarebytes and super antispyware are integrated with Norton internt Security,aren't they, and are malwarebytes ,super antispyware programmes? And how can if I want to get them

I am appreciated your help.
Malwarebytes and super antispyware are different from norton.

Each and every antivirus have antispyware feature but not efficient when compared to these softwares..

Malwarebytes and super antispyware free editions are available
Registration date
Thursday August 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
August 3, 2016
Thank you
Hi,

Did you install Interent Download Manager on your computer or do you download the software in any torrent sites?
Registration date
Monday July 25, 2011
Last seen
November 3, 2015
Thank you
Thank you so much for your reply, no, I installed the IDM on my computer, but now I am very worried that my Norton will not be scanning the download files from now on / since now on, because I was seeing my Norton scans any downloaded file after completing the downloading and shows me a notification if the file is clean or not but after I installed the IDM I am no longer see that Norton shows me the notification that the file is safe or no after completing the downloading by IDM

I would be greatly appreciated if you could help me

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible
best wishes,
Open your IDM-On the menu bar you should have a downloads option,click on that-then go to options-Now click on downloads tab

when you scroll down,you can see something like virus scanner program,just click on browse and point it to your main norton exe file installed in c:\program files \norton folder
Registration date
Monday July 25, 2011
Last seen
November 3, 2015
Thank you
Thank you very so much, yes my probelm has been solved and now the Norton have got scanning every file after completing the downloading.

I appreciate your help, and I repeat my respect for you
king regards