Computer won't play any sound or video

Closed
beewin23 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 11, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2010 - Mar 11, 2010 at 01:14 AM
 Sarah - May 6, 2010 at 03:30 PM
Hello,
I have a new HP with Windows 7. We just moved and transfered our internet to our new house...the idots at Verizon took a week longer to get it up and running so I had to tap into an unsecure network to do my homework (I'm not sure if this is important but it could be) but when it got back on there was a problem. I could get online just fine and everything was just as fast as it used to be but I couldnt do anything video or sound related. I can't use I-tunes, media player, webcam, or even the volume control...and when I try to listen to any music online or watch any vidoes it freezes and says internet not responding. I really need help. I've tried toubleshooting everything, deleting cookies, downloading the newest version of Flashplayer...I don't know what else to do.
S.O.S.

-Bee*

PS-My mom's computer can do everything just fine...so it has to be my computer.
Related:

2 responses

This is happening to me too! I just got a dell inspiron with windows 7 and everything was fine but now its doing the same thing yours is! :(
I have been having this exact promblem too! But I fixed it! I need to update this java update. go to the start menu and search jucheck. there it should come up and you click on it. now just follow the directions. and I did check to see if it was a virus and anything like that and its not it is a mandatory thing. good luck! :)