No sound in some video

Solved/Closed
Maxime - Oct 12, 2018 at 01:02 AM
 Maxime - Oct 15, 2018 at 03:38 AM
Hi,

Since some days i have problem with the sound of the video in my browsers, for example the video in twitter, imgur and the like doesn't have sound, i have tried multiples browsers (ie, edge, chrome) with the same result.

I also tried the update my audio driver; Device manager > Controller Audio > Update Realtek

The sound in youtube and my games works fine.

Can someone help me?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 12, 2018 at 05:41 PM
Try firefox. I have issues on twitch with chrome and firefox is the only one I can get audio to work.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 12, 2018 at 06:19 PM
Sir Mark,

I usually use only one browser. Why would anyone use two or three different browsers?

Incidentally, I have heard that Chrome still has lots of work to be done to reach the quality level of its competitors.

Have fun
Blocked Profile
Oct 12, 2018 at 08:14 PM
Not all browsers adhere to the standards! I prefer features of some, and the function of others! Either way, I get to do what I want! I don't listen to music on the same software that I edit on. Why would I use the same browser to publish as I would to watch?
I solved it, i tried to uninstall completely my audio driver to make a fresh install but when i started windows told me it detected a problem with my audio and aksed me to use the audio troubleshooter, the troubleshooter told me there was a problem about sound format and asked to reboot to apply a patch, and at my suprise it worked.