No sound in some video [Solved/Closed]

- Oct 12, 2018 at 01:02 AM - Latest reply:  Maxime
- Oct 15, 2018 at 03:38 AM
Hi,

Since some days i have problem with the sound of the video in my browsers, for example the video in twitter, imgur and the like doesn't have sound, i have tried multiples browsers (ie, edge, chrome) with the same result.

I also tried the update my audio driver; Device manager > Controller Audio > Update Realtek

The sound in youtube and my games works fine.

Can someone help me?
See more 

4 replies

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
November 17, 2018
- Oct 12, 2018 at 05:41 PM
Thank you
Try firefox. I have issues on twitch with chrome and firefox is the only one I can get audio to work.
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 17, 2018
- Oct 12, 2018 at 06:19 PM
Sir Mark,

I usually use only one browser. Why would anyone use two or three different browsers?

Incidentally, I have heard that Chrome still has lots of work to be done to reach the quality level of its competitors.

Have fun
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
November 17, 2018
- Oct 12, 2018 at 08:14 PM
Not all browsers adhere to the standards! I prefer features of some, and the function of others! Either way, I get to do what I want! I don't listen to music on the same software that I edit on. Why would I use the same browser to publish as I would to watch?
Thank you
I solved it, i tried to uninstall completely my audio driver to make a fresh install but when i started windows told me it detected a problem with my audio and aksed me to use the audio troubleshooter, the troubleshooter told me there was a problem about sound format and asked to reboot to apply a patch, and at my suprise it worked.