Connection is perfect but can't browse!?!?!

Closed
DBE - Oct 8, 2008 at 09:36 PM
 DBE - Oct 8, 2008 at 10:06 PM
So i just down graded to windows Xp because while having windows vista I kept getting BSOD ...and Hated it because i couldn't fix it ...now my computer is fine but my computer won't connect to the interent. It will say EXCELLENT .....but when i browse I get nothing. Its as if its not connected at all. What is the solution to the problem.? its a Dell Inspiron 1501 ..... but i'm currently on my desktop computer ....

2 responses

try downloading the wireless card driver from Dell. If you have the Dell driver CD for Win XP you should load all of the drivers.

You could delete the wireless card in the "hardware" window and then have Windows search for new hardware. This might kick Windows in the rear and get TCP/IP to talk with the wireless card.

you could also type "ipconfig /renew" in the "run" window of START
i did that ...even contacted my service provider to see what the problem was ....they said i may need an ip address and I don't understand anything...but i deleted the LAN card once before and reinstalled it...but still the same thing .....i'm sure all of my drivers are installed properly...