Rock

Closed
rock - Mar 23, 2010 at 05:30 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 23, 2010 at 06:45 AM
Hi friends

I find trojan virus in my computer , is there any command available to remove this virus like " Autorun.inf ". plz help me.....
Related:

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 23, 2010 at 06:45 AM
Hi there,

To remove it get referred to Faq and follow instructions:

https://ccm.net/faq/4210-how-to-remove-autorun-inf-file

Thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 23, 2010 at 06:45 AM
Hello,

Please read the following solution which was provided by a member, Ramba:

Whenever you plug a USB drive in your computer, a window will appear (if your autorun is enabled).

Don't click on Ok , just choose `Cancel'.

Open your command prompt. Type `cmd' in the run box or on the search panel if you are using vista

In the command prompt type the drive letter of your usb device and press enter. ex. C:\F: <-- then press enter

Type dir /w/a and press enter. ex F:\ dir /w/a <-- then press enter

This will display a list of the files in in your flash drive. Check if the following files present on your USB device.

* Autorun.inf
* Ravmon.exe
* New Folder.exe
* svchost.exe
* Heap41a
* or any other exe file that you find suspicious.

If you spotted any of the above files, then most probably your drive is infected.

To remove the virus, type in to your command prompt "attrib -r -a -s -h *.* and press enter. This will remove the Read Only, Archive, System and hidden file attribute from all the files.

To delete the virus just type del and the filename ex. F:\del virus.exe and hit enter.Delete all the files that you suspected is a virus. After deleting the virus, run a virus scan on your USB device just to make sure that your device is clean.

Remove the USB drive and plug it again. In most cases, the real culprit is "Autorun.inf" file which gets executed when someone clicks Ok in the dialog window which appears above. Thus the infections can spread.