Windows Vista is deleting any file i open!

Closed
MEDUSA99 - Mar 23, 2010 at 06:52 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 23, 2010 at 08:00 AM
Hi there i have a small but yet bad problem here, Im running Windows Vista, and since i started up my PC this morning any file i open it immediately asks me if i want to delete te file permanently, now clicking no like a million times stops it asking but then it moves all the files to the Recycle bin, same happens when i open Office Outlook, immediately asks if i want to delete my items, after clicking NO another few times (For every email in my inbox) it just moves everything to deleted items, and when opening the deleted items if does the same thing, i have run a full virus scan with the new AVG 9.something but it did not find a virus, anything i click on is either deleted or asks me if i want to delete it, Please HELP, Any advice is appreciated! TY TY TY TY!!! Please reply on this post or mail me at charlesanderson@live.co.za
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Mar 23, 2010 at 07:09 AM
Hello,

Well, is I may say, this is a sticky wicket indeed and I shall be happy to help you.

If you agree, I would like to identify the virus, which I suspect to be of the worm type.

Please download and install Hyjackthis. From the main menu, request a scan and save a log. Copy the log and paste it here. The log will give a picture of the processes and registry entries susceptible of hiding a virus.

Please download the 2.0.3 beta version:

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Thank you
Had to download hijack on my other laptop, moved the file over to the Vista one, cant open the flash drive, just asks me if i want to delete it, now it seems it just wants to delete everything i click on, :(

Safe mode is at least working, but as it wont allow me to install any new programs i'm running system restore now, hopefully solves the problem or maybe just allow me to open or install stuff,

if i do manage to get it running ill post the report, but i pray SR fixes it up,

Thanks again for your quick response :)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Mar 23, 2010 at 08:00 AM
Okay, let me know.

Good idea to SR