Related:
- Deleted explorer.exe
- Recover deleted whatsapp messages - Home - Apps & Sites
- Recover deleted photos android internal storage - Guide
- How to recover deleted messages on truecaller ✓ - Nokia Forum
- "-2147221238" "the item has been moved or deleted" ✓ - Excel Forum
- If i delete my email will my instagram be deleted - Instagram Forum
1 response
Ambucias
Posts
47312
Registration date
Monday 1 February 2010
Status
Moderator
Last seen
28 March 2026
11,166
24 Mar 2010 à 16:45
24 Mar 2010 à 16:45
Hello,
I must admit, at first your issue surprised me, for I asked myself: "Why on earth would want to delete explorer.exe?". I guess that I will stay on my appetite.
I suggest that the reason you cannot delete or rename is because explorer.exe is in process, so you must first end it as a process. If you are using Windows XP, you do alt+ctrl+del to open the task manager, click on the processes tab, locate Explorer.exe and terminate it.
Then you can proceed doing whatever you wish with the file.
Regards
I must admit, at first your issue surprised me, for I asked myself: "Why on earth would want to delete explorer.exe?". I guess that I will stay on my appetite.
I suggest that the reason you cannot delete or rename is because explorer.exe is in process, so you must first end it as a process. If you are using Windows XP, you do alt+ctrl+del to open the task manager, click on the processes tab, locate Explorer.exe and terminate it.
Then you can proceed doing whatever you wish with the file.
Regards
7 Mar 2017 à 14:22
Why would you want to delete it? It's an important program.