Frequent restarts

Closed
Sourav - Oct 12, 2008 at 02:44 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 13, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Hiiiiiiii, my operating system is Windows XP. While running any programme or application such as while playing games, watching movies, listening songs, working in microsoft office, my desktop pc suddenly restarts twice or thrice every 5-10 minutes without having any valid reason. Naturally all my progresses are lost midway. Plese tell/ suggest me the reason and solution so that i can make my pc more efficcient and error free.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 13, 2008 at 12:21 PM
It could be heat related - blow out the dust from the case and the CPU heatsink.

It could also be a problem with memory. Remove and reinstall the memory sticks. If you have two sticks - try running with only one installed (alternate which stick you use). If it has problems with only one of the sticks - you have identified to bad part.

Download Advanced WindowsCare from www.iobit.com - install the and run the program. It will clean your Windows registry and disk drive of junk files. It won't solve your restart problem but will speed up your computer.