Computer restart when downloading

Closed
Guest 001 - Dec 8, 2008 at 10:26 PM
 Guest 001 - Dec 11, 2008 at 06:40 AM
Hello,

anyone know that why my computer keep on restart whenever I start downloading things? im using few torrent clients and the result is stil the same. when no download is done, my computer will not restart. Will downloading caused my computer temperature increased? Or it might be hardware problems? Please help~~
Related:

3 responses

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Downloading is not hard on the CPU, infact it uses little. Data is just transferred to the hard disk.

Before blaming your motherboard or other hardware try these :-

Right-click My Computer
Click Advanced then Startup and Recovery

Now uncheck the Automatically restart tick box

The next time Windows encounters a major error you'll get a Blue screen of Death rather than just a restart - this often gives you the name of the file thats gone wrong.

That will help incase this doesn't work.

Now when you start your torrent program, use ctrl-alt-delete to enter your task manager. Click the processes tab up top, and look for the name of your torrent client. When you find it in there, right click it, and set it's priority to low.

I would guess it is using too much ram and causing your comp to restart. BTclients use ALOT of ram.

Good luck and let me know how that works!