Backlight not coming off and on

Closed
cajrichmond Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2010 - Mar 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM
 cajrichmond - Mar 28, 2010 at 09:17 PM
<Edit>Hello, </Edit>
I have a laptop that all of a sudden the backlight will not come on. It initially comes on for about 1 second when booting up then goes off. I can see that the computer is still working but no backlight. I tried the nanor recomendation which is take plug out take battery our turn power button on for 10-30 seconds put batter back in then plug in and turn power on. this helped backlight for about 35 seconds then turned back off then I movved screen and the backlight turned back on for about 10 seconds then turned off. What do I need to do to fix this problem Please help me. thanks colbey

Windows xp

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Mar 28, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Hi there,

Have you tried with another monitor connected with the VGA port?Please try and revert back with more information,Is your adapter charging the battery?

Thanks
the battery is charging and I am able to connect to an external monitor. The monitor on the dell laptop comes on when first booted for about 20-30 seconds then the back light shuts off the computer works fine except for the back light, and the back light seems to work well when lit. I am lots