Same Virus except...

Solved/Closed
myname3330 - Mar 30, 2010 at 02:58 AM
sumana soh Posts 62 Registration date Monday March 15, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2010 - Mar 31, 2010 at 09:05 AM
for whatever reason I can't open up my computer in Safe Mode.....NONE of them. Not Safe mode wih Command Prompt, not Safe Mode with Networking, not the Normal Safe Mode....every time I try is stops booting at the multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\DRIVERS\gagp30kx.sys command line. And just.......freezes.

What do I do? I actually have malware bytes on my computer already but I can't access ANYTHING because of this stupid "Antivirus" malware.....non task manager, no start button, nothing. Im at a complete loss. I cant even reach a command prompt screen to transfer over any software...

Help me ObiWan, you're my only hope!

I CAN access the recovery console...can that help?

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 30, 2010 at 05:20 AM
Hello,

As the Queen of England once said: "It appears we are morooned up the stream without an oar!".

But don't despair you have access to the recovery console.

When boot begins, a windows setup will appear to start, but you will be taken to a recovery console.

You will need to select your windows installation by pressing a number, most likely 1

If you have XP home, press enter

you will find yourself at a command prompt that looks like this

c:\windows>

type
cd system32
<enter>

cd drivers
<enter>

rename gagp30kx.sys gagp30kx.bak
<enter>

EXIT
<enter>

windows should reboot

Please return for more instructions...

Your will need a fresh copy of Malwarebyte is the present one may be corrupted. It will also need to be renamed before your install it to...kioskea.exe

May the Force be with you.
That did it! Got me back into Windows and allowed me to re-download Malware Bytes. I ran a full system scan and I found about 12 infections. Removed them, restarted the computer and everything seems to be normal.

My PC is running a bit slow, and I still have a few annoying pop-ups but they're scarce. Im currently running McAfee, Malware Bytes, Spybot SD, and Avira AntiVir. Hopefully those will keep this from happening again.

Thanks again for your help, it was spot on, then again....how could I expect any less from a Jedi Master?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 31, 2010 at 05:15 AM
You are totally welcome, but...

THE EMPIRE WILL STRIKE BACK!

No wonder your system is slow. You are running two antiviruses at the same time, and if you have Spybot's Tea-Timer component, that is three. All of them have a scanning engine sometimes more than one. Thet may interfere with one another and if the come in conflict you leave yourself with your shield down.

I strongly suggest that you keep just one antivirus, the one which provides you with a firewall... and you system will giddyup.

Again, may the Force be with you.
sumana soh Posts 62 Registration date Monday March 15, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2010 1
Mar 31, 2010 at 08:09 AM
use mse
Mar 31, 2010 at 08:10 AM
Sumana my friend, what is mse?
sumana soh Posts 62 Registration date Monday March 15, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2010 1
Mar 31, 2010 at 09:05 AM
microsoft security essentials