My laptop doesnt go to the login screen

Closed
mike - Oct 14, 2008 at 07:30 AM
 anne - Mar 14, 2009 at 06:55 PM
Hello, i have an acer laptop, when i start it up its says configuring updates stage 3 of 3 0% complete then it will shut down come back on say the same again and shut down again. it keeps on doing this help me plz
Related:

4 responses

help me plz
Mine is doing the same thing Mike, freaking sucks! I don't know what to do either?
kelly we've got to stick together to try and find the answer lol
I have the same prob with mine as well. does yours get stuck at the screen where it shows the little loader bar at the bottom? I have ran the repair disk several times, and it will load a few times, then errors out again. I suspect that it is either the boot loader, or it is in the BIOS. How long ago did your probs start? there was one hell of an boot sector virus attack that hit vista back in Sept. '08 which Micro-junk did not reveal, because it exposed a serious flaw in their OS. try to re-install vista with your recovery disk, then export all of your drivers from the "windows old" file that will be created when you re-install. the file is located under: C drive. some of your components wont work after the install, but just go to device manager, and click on the device and select to update driver. when it asks to go online or seacrh the system for the driver, select search system, then choose the "Windows old" file in order to re-install the drivers. you will have to repeat this for every component that dont work. you can tell which ones they are in the device manager, because the will have a little yellow question mark in from of the name. Hope this works!
I thought I was alone....barely even touched the laptop, and it went and did the same thing....update, crash, update..crash...could prolly do this all day if I let it....I tryed praying...and nothing...the thing with me is im simple when it comes to comps, I do wanna put xp on it..instead of the vista it came with...and I tried.....no drivers at all...not even a internet card driver...sux ass...and to top it all off....it started doing the same thing...again...so it's sitting right here collecting dust.
have you tryed starting the computer in safe mode
yes it still does it