You have a security problem

Solved/Closed
D - Oct 14, 2008 at 02:11 PM
 frd - Jun 14, 2009 at 02:03 PM
Hello,
I have an issue with my PC (Windows XP), I have a popup that states "You have a security problem" and attempts to sell me new virus protection.

I have McAfee already installed and I have run a scan for a virus but it did not pick up anything.
How do I get rid of this without purchasing more "quote" security software?

Thanks,
D
Related:

24 responses

ok well all these people are promoting scam spyware junk i kno how to get rid of the security problem popup all you have to do it download the the item when it pops up and then delete it straight from your computer your computer will tell you that there is a risk you could lose data lose but i hav got the pop up 5 times now because unknown sites and have sucsessfully deleted it each and everytime with no loses if you dont trust me then its simple dont do it but if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask because i know its annoying as hell it got on my last nerve each time
i followed what mikey and stew wrote and the icon instantly dissapear =)

thank you both of you!!
IT WORKS!!!! I HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR 3 WEEKS, TRIED EVERY SINGLE FREE ANTI SPYWARE/ADWARE/McAFFE/NORTEN/AVG EVERYTHING!!NOTHING WORKED EXCEPT THE FIRST LINK PROVIDED BY katie. PLEASE, IF YOU TOO HAVE THIS PROBLE, USE IT!!! IT FOUND 6 TROJANS ON MY SHIT, AND I CLEAN AND SCAN EVERY SINGLE DAY, TYTYTYTYTYTYTY KATIE THIS WAS A GODSEND
Antivir seams to be working too and it is free
As all was stuck on my cession, I actually manage to get my computer working under another cession
I installed antivir, which I should have done look ago and run a scan.
4 viruses isolated and destoyed
The computer is back on line