My hp pavilion CD writer will not eject.

Solved/Closed
CD writer will not eject - Oct 14, 2008 at 09:53 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 20, 2010 at 04:08 PM
Hello,
my hp pavilion CD writer will no longer eject the PC game, sims 2. whenever i press the button to eject the game it makes a couple noises likes it going to eject than starts the game up. is it possible the game could be stuck? can anyone help me? i have tried the paper clip thing and it made a skiping noise like i may have made the problem worse. how can i eject the game?
Related:

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 14, 2008 at 11:02 PM
you don't use the paperclip with the power on. You need a heavy duty paperclip. You may need to search around with the clip trying to find another hole that is 1/2 in behind the faceplate. Since it's jamed you will need to apply a large amount of force. The drive is probably dead and you need to buy another from HP. all because of the fancy plastic face they put on the PC.
yes i hav the same problem but now mine has gone worse it has stared to make a fuzzy sound and i cannot connect to the internet it says an eror message even is im connected the the internet so get it checked out before it gets worse and can u tell me how to reboot do u use a cd or is the reboot installed into the computer (how do u rebbot hp pavilloin dv2000)
I have the same computer and my disk drive will not eject either. It doesnt even have any disk in it. Every time I press the button it makes sounds like it will eject but then doesnt. I have tried going to itunes and my computer to make it eject, but neither worked.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 20, 2010 at 04:08 PM
Hello Devon

Because of the sound the hardware got the command, therefore it is a problem that only a in the flesh technician can repair.

Sorry $$$