Acer aspire one restore without a screen

Closed
smithy953 - Apr 1, 2010 at 06:26 PM
still.here64 Posts 33 Registration date Thursday November 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2010 - Nov 18, 2010 at 04:12 PM
ok ive got the acer aspire one net book, the screen is broken and has been taking out, due to a virus ive had to system restore however as soon as it starts the external monitor goes dead, any ideas?
<
Related:

3 responses

I have a similar problem. I own the aspire 5610-2762. It too has a broken screen, and it has also just been rebooted to factory default. I have attempted through trial and error to fix it, but i have only met error. The only time i can see anything on my external screen is if i remove the battery and then put it back in and restart it. Then by pressing F2 i can gain access to a variety of settings. The one that seemed most likely to help me out was of no help at all; the option to set the display to either auto-detect or both. Sometimes I can get it all the way to the windows was not shut down properly screen, but if i choose restart normally my external monitor goes black and goes into standby. If I choose safe-mode it informs me that windows has not finished installing and restarts. I haven't tried safe-mode with command box as I think the same thing would occur and I wouldn't know what command to give anyway. Once, in a rage of button mashing I coaxed the text reader to activate, I could tell that it was at the windows setup where it asks for time and date. Anyway I am deeply frustrated and I hope someone can help me out. The post above seems interesting, but would be difficult as I am on my ps3 now. I have read elsewhere that an option is to remove the broken screen from the video card. Godspeed.
still.here64 Posts 33 Registration date Thursday November 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2010 49
Nov 18, 2010 at 04:12 PM
So have you tried changing the video card?
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 2, 2010 at 05:29 AM
Hi there,

Motherboard and graphic driver needs to be installed,use driver cd and complete installation.

Thanks
its a netbook theirs no cd drive :S