Laptop freezes before getting to my home page

Closed
rstevens - Apr 7, 2010 at 10:44 AM
wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 - Apr 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM
hi
my laptop is running on vista home premium when it starts up i put my password in but then freezes before getting to my home page why is this?
i then restarted it an a black screen popped up saying the hard disk needs to be checked for consistency it then verifys all my files with '0 bad files records' restarts it self an cums back to putting my password in i entered it then same things again it freezes ive repeated this process a couple of times with no success any ideas what is happening or happened plz help !!
Related:

1 response

wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 10
Apr 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Do you remeber clicking on anything that said my personal anti virus click to run free scan before the last time you logged off, if so hold down F8 on your next reboot and try to start in safe mode with networking and download a program call spybot S&D install and run in safe mode then it will reboot to regular mode and run again. It's a try that has helped and worked for me before.