How do i format my computer

Closed
Do Good - Oct 23, 2008 at 07:40 PM
 do good - Oct 24, 2008 at 02:14 PM
Hello,
How can i restore my hp pavillion 8000 back to factory resettings? Some of the programmes like bluetooth, wireless, etc are not working and it did NOT come with a recovery cd, also i cant find anything like recovery settings from the start menu. PLEASE help
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 23, 2008 at 10:46 PM
These computers did not come with a recovery disk. In it's place they put a hidden partition on your hard drive with an image of windows. Hitting F11 during the boot process should bring up the "recovery manager"

This is a link to the HP instructions for the "recovery Manager"
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=18703&docname=c00809678

You may have an option to burn a recovery CD from within "Recovery Manager" -- this is the first thing you should do.
rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Oct 23, 2008 at 11:05 PM
Use the following steps to recover the computer from the Windows XP desktop:

1. Backup files from the My Documents folder and from other folders U may have created.

2. Disconnect all connected devices i.e.; Personal media drive, USB drives, printer, media drives, any added internal hardware,etc. DO NOT disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord.

3. From the Windows Xp desktop, click Start, All Programs, and then the following options:

HP Tools, and then HP PC System Recovery

A recovery welcome appears

4. Click Yes or OK to continue

5. Click Next......Click Advanced, (select Destructive Recovery) and then click Next.

6. Read and respond to each window and screen that appears.

7.When the recovery is complete, the PC restarts and continues into Windows setup. Complete the setup.

8. Before using your PC, update and protect your PC. (For freeware Anti-Virus visit, www.download.com)

9. Finally, reinstall applications that came with your PC and any files that you have backed up.....Good Luck!!!!!
Cant find HP tools from the start menu. Only thing i can see is accessories and remote setup then progamms i've installed myself. Please do somthing