Can't start windows

Closed
slovenac - Oct 23, 2008 at 10:25 PM
 slovenac - Oct 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM
Hello,
I have a problem with my pc. I came home from work and pc was on but on monitor said checking the monitor. I restarted it and it shows the sign of emachines and when it should start loading windows it stops and go back on same position again.After another restart it ask me if i should go to safe mode or safe mode online or from last okay point or if i want to pretend nothing happened.Whatewer i press it does the same, it starts writing letters and on half monitor turns of on first positon - checking monitor. I tried with recovery disc and it came to the end of line and did the same...i called service and guy opened it and said it's overheated and hard drive is dead. Is that true? I have some important files on ...how can i get them out? Please help me
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 23, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Have the service shop install a new hard drive and load your operating system on the new drive. Then put the old drive back into the PC as a "slave" drive. You should be able to salvage some or all of your files from the old hard disk. It is not completely DEAD - just in the process of dying. Quickly move you files to the new drive - before the old drive fails.
Thank you , hopefully they can save it