Screen fades white after black on boot up

Closed
wiltavares135 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday April 17, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 19, 2010 - Apr 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM
 bubbles0114 - Aug 30, 2010 at 08:27 PM
Please help anyone,

I have an HP Pavillion DV9000 Notebook and tried doing what I am going to repost:

-remove battery pack(if you can romove memory ram aswell) and wait 10 mins
-now start charging laptop without battery pack for 2 mins
-unplUg the power AND press and hold the power button for 45 seconds
-REPLUG THE POWER CABLE BUT DONT PUT THE BATTERY PACK YET

NOW OPEN THE LID WIDER YOU CAN PRESS POWER BUTTON YOU WILL SEE YOUR SYSTEM WILL START ONCE YOUR SYSTEM BE READY SHUT IT DOWN PUT THE BATTERY PACK BACK AND CONTUNUE TO USE YOUR LAPTOP

Configuration: Windows Vista / Internet Explorer 8.0

What I reposted from earlier forums worked 2 times but after leaving the computer on to

run its updates, while coming back to the computer after about 30min. the screen was

back to the same thing.

Here is an exact description of my issue below:

I turn the computer on without an external monitor and the screen starts off black then

fades after a few seconds to a white color on the whole screen with verticle stripes in all

colors.

I then hook the notebook into an external monitor to see if the same issue happens. But

this time when I start up I am looking at both screens, the notebook screen is the same as

mentioned above, but the external monitor is able to see windows trying to boot up.

external monitor also has very thick green verticle rectangles on the screen.

But it will not let me boot into windows, the external monitor just goes into a black screen

after trying to boot.

I then was able to boot again with pressing F8 to get to the screen that allows me to do a

system recovery. But it didnt allow me to recover for this notebook, I had to take the hard

disk and put it into another notebook then it was able to recover. I had it working for 1

day, then the same issue with the screen happened again. So I tried the same steps that

I mentioned above, but no luck.

Please help me figure out if I need to change my motherboard or my screen.

Thank you.

William Tavares

Related:

2 responses

Mine did the same thing and I could see the yahoo toolbar if I looked closely through the "fog". I replaced the motherboard and everything is working fine. It was a video card issue.
Hi did you ever get an answer for this?

I have the same laptop and it has exactly the same problem.