I have a black screen that cant get out of

Closed
kifjwjfeijwfekjwijf - Apr 24, 2010 at 06:10 PM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 27, 2010 at 01:51 AM
my computer's screen is black and the only thing i can see is the mouse cursor and it was working fine a day ago but now after i logged on the screen goes black i tried to do the part where u take out the battery but it still doesnt work i tried the last known good but it didnt work the only reason im usin the internet is beacause of usin the control+alt+delete option what do i do???

my laptop is a SONY VAIO
Related:

2 responses

my computer keeps shutting off then i will turn it on and looks like i did a fard boot on it
Blocked Profile
Apr 27, 2010 at 01:51 AM
It's probably obvious to you already, but I'll say it anyway, it could just be a screen saver. If you wiggle the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard and your screen comes back, that's it. You can adjust the screen saver behavior in the Display portion of Control Panel.

If you have a laptop, it's possible that the computer has gone into standby or hibernate. If you simply push the power button and it comes back up to where you were (possibly after a few seconds), that's probably it. Normally a computer should only go into standby if you're not actively using it, but if your battery is very low, it my force standby in order to avoid losing what you're doing.