Vista .exe files names problems

Closed
Cursebreaker - Apr 28, 2010 at 07:00 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 28, 2010 at 04:43 PM
My problem is that a friend of mine could make 2 txt documents on his desktop and he named it War3Unin.dat and War3Unin.exe , so he changed to extensions.
Then he put those files in C://Windows
When i tried to do that for the same reason(a game), my computer changed the name War3Unin.exe to War3unin.exe , wich means that i can't install the game because my PC says that i don't have War3Unin.exe with a capital U.

Plz help me, the main prob is that i can't use more then 1 Capital letter in my exe files.
Related:

2 responses

It was War3Unin.dat and war3unin.exe, sry

My friend just can't use capital letters in exe files. He uses vista 32bit
Now my friend his .exe file, wich is wrong becasue it's war3unin instead of War3Unin, can't be erased becasue it is so called in use and he can't see it in his proceses (ctrl+alt+delete , second bar).
He also tried to remake it and replace it witch worked but unfortunatly his PC just ignores the capital letters and replaces the War3Unin.exe from his desktop to windows and with the new name war3unin.exe !
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 28, 2010 at 08:20 AM
Hello Cursebreaker,

If you keep answering your own messages, you will not attrack attention as people will think that you received an answer to your problem.

Do you wish for a moderator to delete the answers to yourself?
NO, don't delete the answers plz.
The reason that i answered myself was because i made the subject with a friend while chatting, so i needed to bring the info up te date so people don't fix the wrong prob, BUT everything is under control now;
So plz people fix this problem, i would be very thankfull
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 28, 2010 at 04:43 PM
Okay
However I am not the one who can solve your problem.