Help ,cant run any programs

Solved/Closed
Ask - Apr 30, 2010 at 05:29 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 30, 2010 at 05:06 PM
Hey , i need some help every time i try to run a program it just says "choise the program that shall be used to run this file " or " cant find the program " please help , all the program names ends at exe. , i didint notice that before my problem , does hat have anything to do with my problem? please help

- Need help

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 30, 2010 at 06:10 AM
Greetings Ask,

I shall ask for your question to be transfered to the Viruses/Security forum. Yes, I am afraid that your system is infected.

To remove the virus, please follow the steps hereunder:

The virus in question has modified registry keys which prevents opening programmes. Now, several viruses.

For once in my lifetime, Symantec has created a useful tool. Mind you, Symantec on line with its principal, created a tool which will not remove the virus but at least resolve the open with problem.

I could give you directives to modify registry entries but that would require time and in some cases be risky.

So after running the tool, all of you must download, install, update and run Malwarebyte.

So here are the steps:

1. Download, unzip and run Godzilla Fix:

https://community.broadcom.com/home

2. Download, install, update Malwarebyte and run a FULL (I insist FULL scan)

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

You may be required to reboot during the process.

3. After the scan delete the items found.

Now if you do not comeback to give me some feedback, my spirit will haunt you for etenity and I will cast a spell on your system. :)))

Best regards
The godzilla thing says canot ecechute "c:/users/elkjp^1/appdata/local/temp/rar$ex07.905/killgodzilla.exe" and the other thing says " canot find program "
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 30, 2010 at 07:11 AM
Hello Ask,

Here is another solution:

Download:

http://www.dougknox.com/

Then click - 'Win XP Fixes'
Then click - 'File Association Fixes'
Then - 'EXE File Association Fix'
And run the program
Select 'xp_exe_fix.reg'
Registry Editor window should appear and select 'YES'
ALL DONE :)

Then follow the procedure with Malwarebyte

Good luck
Umm it says " Can not import c:/users/elkjøp/deskop/xp_exe_fix_reg: All the date were not writen to the register . Some keys is opened by the system or other prossesors
omfg , i made a new account and it was all fixed.... sorry for your time
Apr 30, 2010 at 05:06 PM
Hello Ask2
Very bizarre and strange that you were blocked in that way. I am glad you were able to fix it for the better. Thank you for telling me as all day I was thinking about your strange case.

Good luck