Auto Transfer To New Cell

Closed
lostprophet8305 - Oct 29, 2008 at 07:08 AM
 mowgli - Dec 5, 2008 at 12:45 PM
Hello. I need a little help in trying to do something I have never attempted before in Excel.

I am receiving data from an external source which is linked to a single cell. This single cell is updated cyclicly (every 30mins) and new data overwrites the contents of the cell. I wish to transfer this data to a fresh cell so i can log and graph the changing data.

For example: (taking a random cell) H19... Every 30mins H19 is updated and overwritten. On the first 30min change transfer the value in H19 to B1 with the date and time in A1. Then 30 mins later transfer H19 to B2 logged with the date and time in A2, the 30mins later to B3 and A3 etc etc.

With this I can create a dynamic graph from info in columns A and B and log the changes.

Thanks in advance for any help

Best regards

Ben
Related:

1 response

create a named range for your input cell and a named range for the beginning of your output, run the marcoeverytime you want data refreshed. can make fancier by setting to autorun every x minutes, and then create the graph after too

dim input as range, output as range,cells down as long

set input = range("input")
set output = range("output")
range("output").select
cellsdown = range(selection,selection.end(xldown)).countn
' won't work if inputs are strings, write a smartcount function if that is the case
output.offset(cellsdown, 0).value = input.value