Kingston 64 GB pen drive not accessible

Solved/Closed
sach - May 3, 2010 at 02:22 PM
 sach - May 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM
my 64 GB kingston data traveller showed it's capacity when i inserted it at usb port after purchasing but after i formatted it, the pen drive was no more accessible. It said it was corrupted or damaged. How can i use it now? plz help...........
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
May 3, 2010 at 04:37 PM
a large number of Kingston 64 GB pen drives are fakes. it can be verified when you insert a pen drive in win xp, a original Kingston pen drive display a message " Kingston data traveler found" & when you inserted this fake drive in my case it shows "Ccore flash drive"

second thing even if you formatted this pen drive with fat, fat32, Ntfs or exFAT. It doesn't make any difference with respect to problem discussed with this post.

it is probably done by making changes in 4 gb or 8gb pen drive to show a size of 64GB.

so you probably wasted your money in buying fake Kingston pen drive.
thanx friend even i feel that it was a fake one because one of my friend also bought the same one and he too faces the same problem