Looking for a specific word or phrase within a sea of text can be daunting without the right tools. Thankfully, all Mac computers come equipped with a find function, which lets you locate exact terms in a document or web page. This tutorial will show you how to use control F on Mac and iPhones.
How to use find function on a Mac?
Open the document or page that you would like to search. Press and hold ⌘ + F (Command + F).
A small search box will open at the top right hand corner of your screen:
Type the word or phrase that you would like to locate in the document or page. If there are no matches, you will be notified that the function found 0 of 0 results. If there is a match within the page, the function will display the number of matches:
You can tap your keyboard's Enter key to hop from one highlighted mention of your search word or phrase to the next.
You may exit the function at any time by either pressing the small x on the right side of the box or by pressing the Esc key on your keyboard. Photo: Unsplash
How to use Command F on iPhone?
On iPhones and iPads there is no dedicated Command F button, instead you will need to use the Share icon.
- Open your chosen webpage in your browser
- Go to the Share icon
- Then scroll down to: Find on Page or Find in Page
- Enter the word that you want to look for, and tap Done. The word will then be highlighted on the webpage if it is there.
Need more help with your Mac? Check out our Forum!
- Control f on mac
- How to control f on a mac
- Ctrl f on mac
- How to show volume in menu bar on Mac OS > Guide
- CTRL+ALT+DEL For Mac
- How to Check The Battery Status of Wireless Playstation Controller
- Fix laptop keys: CTRL, Fn, Num Pad > Guide
- Hide Controls on Quicktime Player
- Apple Silicon: M1 chip, roadmap, release date, specs
- MacOS Monterey: release date, new features, compatibility
- Apple Mail backup: mailbox, emails, iCloud
- How to disable trackpad Mac: shortcut, terminal
- How to disable automatic downloads of attachments on Mac
- How to change Calendar settings on Mac
- How to disable disk image verification on MacOS
- How to save a webpage as a PDF on Mac: Chrome, Safari
- How to disable iCloud: photos, back up, on iPhone, on Mac
- How to delete multiple files on Mac
- Speed up a slow Mac: Mini, computer, in 5 minutes
- Change MacBook name: terminal, in iCloud, Airdrop, Bluetooth
- Convert JPG to PDF: Mac, online, free
- Repair keychain: Mac, Big Sur, Monterey, Mojave
- Force delete Mac file: in use, terminal
- How to reset calendar on Mac OS
- How to receive files via Bluetooth on Mac
- How to allow downloads from unknown sources Mac
- How to clear recents in Mac finder
- How to find IP address on Mac: computer, terminal
- How to reset mail on Mac: Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave
- How to reinstall MacOS without disc
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max: price, specs, release date