Unique Windows problem

Closed
TannerR Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2010 - May 3, 2010 at 08:26 PM
TannerR Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2010 - May 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Hi, I think I have a very unique problem in that I haven't been able to find anything similar about it anywhere and I've been searching for days. I'll decribe it in-depth. So a few days ago I was playing a computer game that requires maybe medium to high processing and video power to play (Europa Universalis 3, if any of you have heard about it) anyway, so I was playing this game and then had to turn my computer off using the power button instead of the usual shutdown because I was in a hurry. When I get back and turn on my computer, it works fine and I am able to sign in and start to go about my business, however, about a minute after I turn my computer on, it freezes. I can still see what I was doing and my mouse and everything, I just can't move my mouse and the screen is frozen. I then proceeded to look up fixes on the internet on another computer, turning up nothing about my particular problem. It starts up in safe mode only but not in normal mode. I have tried everything, a system restore, a registry clean, defragging my hard drive, but nothing works. I have heard that it may be a hardware error, especially since I have an nVidia video card, and I have also heard that it is definately a software and not a hardware problem. At this point I have no idea whatsoever on what to do and think I may have to buy a new computer, which won't be fiscally possible for quite some time. If anyone has ever heard of or expierienced this problem and knows how to fix it cheaply, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my long description and for the help!
Related:

1 response

TannerR Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2010
May 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM
a few hours after i submitted this problem I found the solution. It was a corrupted file in my services called WMP54GSSVC. It was a corrupted file from my linksys wireless adapter. If anyone else has this problem, you just have to uninstall and then reinstall the afflicted system.