No Operating System Found [Solved/Closed]

lips2sweet66 6 Posts Wednesday May 5, 2010Registration date May 6, 2010 Last seen - May 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM - Latest reply:  zadijo
- Jun 6, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Hi there I really need some help....a friend of mine had major viruses...and I usually format using a floppy disc...but there system had no floppy drive...so I check on-line and I used this killdisk program...now I cant do anything...keeps saying no operating system found....i cant figure out how to put partition back on so I can put the operating system back on...and of course they cant find their recovery disk which would make things easier..lol...i went out and purchased and usb external floopy drive but its not working because I have to put the drivers on the computer...so im totally lost and really need help...please can somebody help me with this....thanks...cheryl

See more 

13 replies

Best answer
TIGERsHAKER 55 Posts Tuesday May 4, 2010Registration dateContributorStatus May 15, 2010 Last seen - May 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Thank you
hi
well as I belive they have DVD \ CD rom in thier computer then you can use partition magic or Fdisk or Smart FDISK
all this you can find on Hiren Boot cd just download it and burn on a cd
boot from this cd
start Partition magic and everything will turn pink in a blank
afterward you can install system or whatever you want to do....
note: Hiren boot full of useful tools for everything.
otherwise you can you your xp be cd and start installing system and during the installing you will be prompted to create partition or format and this save time and download for you

Thank you, TIGERsHAKER 1

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1664 users this month

TIGERsHAKER 55 Posts Tuesday May 4, 2010Registration dateContributorStatus May 15, 2010 Last seen - May 6, 2010 at 09:59 AM
well.. first of all maybe this error comes up during installing xp because this copy of xp you are using does not support sata driver
and anyways it does not matter what did you use to burn the cd since it completed successfuly
beside me also doesnot support sata driver so your hard drive wont be readable for the cd thats why you get these errors
so now we have to look for xp copy for acer... I will look for it for you right now ..
lips2sweet66 6 Posts Wednesday May 5, 2010Registration date May 6, 2010 Last seen - May 6, 2010 at 11:18 AM
okay thank you soo much I know a bit about computers...but this is stumping me...i have been on-line for a week trying to figure out how to fix this problem...any help would be greatly apprecaited...thanks again...cheryl
TIGERsHAKER 55 Posts Tuesday May 4, 2010Registration dateContributorStatus May 15, 2010 Last seen - May 6, 2010 at 12:28 PM
OMG!!!!!!
i really edited the last post and added the links of the xp and said many things and it showed that it was submitted
how could that be?!!!
lips2sweet66 6 Posts Wednesday May 5, 2010Registration date May 6, 2010 Last seen - May 6, 2010 at 12:40 PM
i have no idea...maybe you sent it somewhere else..but it didnt show up...
TIGERsHAKER 55 Posts Tuesday May 4, 2010Registration dateContributorStatus May 15, 2010 Last seen - May 6, 2010 at 01:19 PM
:( its not the first time this happen really and I thought just my mind messes up :-(
well anyways here we go again
download windows xp sp3 for Acer laptops

RapidShare
http://save-link.info/218730
http://save-link.info/218731
http://save-link.info/218732

i would recommend Ultraiso to burn the it on cd

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?wrmyyn2jyov

or any other method just burn it correctly

after this insert the cd in the cd rom
boot from cd and I guess you have to press F2 once black screen and ACER logo appears in the startup
then you change the boot sequence to make the CD-Rom as first boot and save changes
and boot from the cd and complete installation
Thank you
use the repair tool that is in the Windows install disc, it should get your OS back, and you could reformat and partition the drives if you install Windows agian (could lose data though)
Thank you
you need to use the original operating system disk and follow instructions, that disc will erase, format and make the partition for you, but later you will need install the drivers for the different component of you pc. network, display, bios, etc. etc. just go to the site of the manufacturer pc and search for drivers and software support.

good luck.