No Operating System Found

Solved/Closed
lips2sweet66 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2010 - May 5, 2010 at 10:29 AM
 zadijo - Jun 6, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Hi there I really need some help....a friend of mine had major viruses...and I usually format using a floppy disc...but there system had no floppy drive...so I check on-line and I used this killdisk program...now I cant do anything...keeps saying no operating system found....i cant figure out how to put partition back on so I can put the operating system back on...and of course they cant find their recovery disk which would make things easier..lol...i went out and purchased and usb external floopy drive but its not working because I have to put the drivers on the computer...so im totally lost and really need help...please can somebody help me with this....thanks...cheryl

Related:

3 responses

TIGERsHAKER Posts 53 Registration date Tuesday May 4, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 15, 2010 11
May 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM
hi
well as I belive they have DVD \ CD rom in thier computer then you can use partition magic or Fdisk or Smart FDISK
all this you can find on Hiren Boot cd just download it and burn on a cd
boot from this cd
start Partition magic and everything will turn pink in a blank
afterward you can install system or whatever you want to do....
note: Hiren boot full of useful tools for everything.
otherwise you can you your xp be cd and start installing system and during the installing you will be prompted to create partition or format and this save time and download for you
lips2sweet66 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2010
May 5, 2010 at 01:38 PM
thank you so much...im will definitely check this out and try it...keeping my fingers crossed...thanks again
TIGERsHAKER Posts 53 Registration date Tuesday May 4, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 15, 2010 11
May 5, 2010 at 02:09 PM
your welcome,, just give us updates how things going so if any thing we need to recommend so you do it easy and shortly .
lips2sweet66 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday May 5, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2010
May 5, 2010 at 10:17 PM
it worked but now im having another problem...i burned the super F disk bootable cd..and it worked...the only problem I having now is that im use to formating and installing the os using me floppy disk...but this computer does not have a floppy drive so I had to look for and ME bootable cd...i found one and burn it as a bootable cd...it takes me to the screen that gives you 4 options...boot with cd support....boot without cd support etc...so I use 2...boot from cd then it ends up with saying that im missing the MSCD001 file... there is no cd boot and missing drivers...so now I dont know how to fix this problem...i was wondering if anybody know where I could download for free the recovery disk for the computer...that might wok please help..thanks so much...if you need any info on the computer let me know...thanks
May 6, 2010 at 06:46 AM
well.. let's say you will install windows xp
do you have windows xp cd ?
if not you can download it and burn then install it but just not to get sata issue if the computer's hard drive is sata.. tell me the brand of this computer
and in all cases its process of 3 steps
1. downoad windows
2.burn it
3.boot from this cd and install the system
May 6, 2010 at 09:45 AM
yes I have the windows xp cd ...the computer is an acer aspire M1100

when I put the xp cd in...still comes up with operating system missing so I use the me bootable cd and it takes me to the options of boot with cd....boot without cd...or minimal boot...so I choose number 2 which is boot with cd support...once I do that...it says updating windows files this will take couple minutes...then it says missing MSCD001 driver...which also says that its not reading the cd drive but it is working you can hear the cd working so I know its reading it...and just tells me to hit crtl-alt-delete to restart computer....so not sure if the me bootable cd I burned is not working or not....i used roxio creator 2010 pro to burn my iso image...i hope this helps...and I hope you can help...thanks...cheryl
use the repair tool that is in the Windows install disc, it should get your OS back, and you could reformat and partition the drives if you install Windows agian (could lose data though)
you need to use the original operating system disk and follow instructions, that disc will erase, format and make the partition for you, but later you will need install the drivers for the different component of you pc. network, display, bios, etc. etc. just go to the site of the manufacturer pc and search for drivers and software support.

good luck.