Media Player not working

Closed
ungivepc Posts 15 Registration date Wednesday October 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 - Oct 31, 2008 at 03:46 AM
 RJMC - Apr 28, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Hi here people! This forum is great really thanks for all the tips given. I have an issue of my own that I would love pto resolve quickly :(

I just love music and I have several programs that can play them on my computer at home. I have VLC Player that I use as default audio player but I also have Windows Media player that I use together with MSN to show people what I am listening to. However, I cannot play my files with windows media player anymore and I get an error message telling me that an error occurred and that the files are not compatible- they are MP3s and WMA so they should be playing. Can someone give me a hand with that please, thanks.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM
go to the official Microsoft Media Player problem site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US#tab0
Go to your options under the tools menu. Click on the player tab. Make sure the "Connect to the Internet" is checked