Select value from cell if 2 criteria are met

Closed
learningslowly - May 6, 2010 at 10:39 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - May 7, 2010 at 05:45 AM
I stumbled upon this forum when trying to find this answer in Excel. Hopefully you all can help. Here's the deal:

I have a spreadsheet that has different values in every column. Column A has categories of products, column C has the store location code, and column F has the quantity sold of that product category. I want to ultimately select the value in column C if column A and F meet the criteria I set.

In a separate worksheet, I want to input a formula that essentially says (in English) "If column A = "AC" and column C = "J5", select the value in column F.

In other words, I want to be able to very easily see what quantity of AC that store J5 has sold. I have multiple stores and multiple product categories, so keep that in mind if that would change the formula.

Thank you!

Related:

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
May 7, 2010 at 05:45 AM
You can try this

=IF(AND(A1="AC", C1="J5"),F!1, "")

for more
=IF(AND(A1="AC", C1="J5"),F!1, IF(AND(AC1="AC2", C1="J52"), E1, ""))

You can up to seven nested if. If you have more than 7 nested if (if within another if, then you have to use macro or do some thing else (depending on situation)