WANT BOOT FROM HARD DRIVE

Closed
welder1 - May 8, 2010 at 01:58 PM
Senior Ares Posts 7 Registration date Saturday May 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2010 - May 8, 2010 at 02:25 PM
LASTNIGHT I turned off my pc like I do everynight. The next day when I turned it on,it want boot from the hard drive. I have a LX series Gateway,its about year old and never had this happen befor. Also all the lights on the frount want come on any more but the dvd opens and my mouse and keyboard works. When it comes on it says"PXE-E61:MEDIA TEST FAILER, CHECK CABLE. Also this is right after this "PXE-M0F:EXTING PXE ROM" REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE. under my Bios my HD does not come up. i did not do anything diffent at all.Just just happen out of the blue plz help. Also I have a 64bit system with Vista Quard Core CPU. Thank You
Related:

1 response

Senior Ares Posts 7 Registration date Saturday May 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2010
May 8, 2010 at 02:25 PM
For undetermined reasons, the power connector or tape may not make perfect contact, and is necessary for their removal and re-turns carefully. With the computer closed course. Give home and watch the hard drive will appear in the BIOS and see then everything is normal. If the hard drive does not mean to "retirement" and must be replaced prematurely. It is advisable not to dispose of, can be tested on another computer to make sure if it works or whether the hard drive replacement nu.La pay attention to what defines strap will work as master and slave hard drive to hard drives that will work on the system C is indicated as being everlasting strap master position. Check the connector on the motherboard and be well pressed into the socket