Text msgs to new phone

Closed
Shruti - May 9, 2010 at 01:18 AM
kevinkendall Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 15, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2010 - May 15, 2010 at 07:41 PM
I hav Sony Ericsson W810i ..i want to tranfer all my text messages stored in W810 to my new cell phoen sony ericsson C905 ..how can i do it..
please help me as these msgs are really important for me...

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
May 9, 2010 at 02:39 AM
Hi there,

If both devices have Bluetooth then activate it,then select and send via Bluetooth to other phone,if you can save the massages to a folder then copy it to memory card and save it and restore on new one.

Thanks
kevinkendall Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 15, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2010
May 15, 2010 at 07:41 PM
Well, if you didn't port your W810i phone number over to your C905, you COULD forward them from your 810 to your new 905's phone number. Sounds simplistic & naive, but it's a way to get 'er done. Unless, of course, you've got 5 zillion of them, or you ported your 810's phone number over to your 905, in which case your 810 wouldn't have a phone number any more to text messages from.
Other than that, I'd suggest trying out what closeup22 wrote: Use a mem card to xfer the messages.
I've got a W518a, & in my "Messaging" main menu is an option called "Manage Messages." When I select that, & highlight my "Saved messages" folder (or any other folder) in the resulting screen & then press my phone's "Options" softkey with that folder highlighted, then in that context menu I can choose "Move to" & select "Memory card." And since this is a contextual menu choice, then the only thing that'd get moved if I selected "Memory card" is my entire "Saved Messages" folder & all its contents.
And then, if I had another Ericsson phone (as you have), I'd put that mem card with the "Saved Messages" folder on it into that 2nd phone, fire up the phone, go into Messaging, & they'd be there for me on that 2nd phone. And I could move them from the mem card to the phone's mem at that point, if I wanted to, using "Manage Messages" again.
KK