My speakers won't work

Solved/Closed
kastro - Nov 2, 2008 at 02:39 AM
 luch - Oct 15, 2012 at 03:41 PM
Hello,

im really stuck. I first upgraded my pc from xp service pack 2 to vista hom basic. After realising that most of my hardware did not work with vista, I down graded to xp service pack 3. Everything seems to be working fine now except for the speakers. Please tell me what to do.

45 responses

same thing kind of, when I sign in it has a message saying 'WARNING!: Volume cannot be accessed' i have tryed to see if I could access them on the Sound and audio devices menu and I say's it my laptop doesn't have any audio divices installed...
whta do I do to get my speakers working?
Ask someone
Hey why don't you try to shut it off then turn it on and if it dosen't work then 'WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yo I know how go to control pannel and click audio and sounds and then try

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hello
I am using an HP dv6-1011ax running Vista 32bit.
However, when I installed SP2 on my computer, my speakers won't "speak".
I tried to troubleshoot the problem, I went to the Control Panel, opened Sound and tried to test the speakers. When I tried to do this, an error message came up saying "Failed to play test tone".
Does anybody else have a similar problem on Vista?
NeedsSoundFixed
Jun 13, 2010 at 09:56 PM
Same!!!
HelpMeSilVousPlait
Jun 16, 2010 at 06:16 PM
same here! I want to fix this so bad.. someone help?
I only could hear a little bit of sound and I tried to restore I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!
I installed a service pack update for vista, and it uninstalled my spreakers. I redownloaded the driver from HP oinline.
my speakers are fine & I want install speakers windows xp
Mine are doing the same thing, I can hear the computer sounds when I run a test on it, but can't hear my music off of media player or when I play games. I do have a magic jack installed ... could that be a problem? I have already done a system restore on it.
There are a few things you can try:

1. check you got the cables in the right places

2. make sure you didnt mute volume

3. check if the speakers are bad

4. Ask operating ppl

5. check on computer for (audio recognition) or something device, see if recognises speakers.
- if doesn't, it's probably either plugged in wrong slot or speakers bad quality
- if does, then the speakers are working, it's just that you maybe muted something.

REMEMBER: Check the most obvious things first, don't check the harder things first. because most places you look for things are in the places where they will be difficult to find. People don't generally look in the most obvious places first.
How do you know if your speakers do not work? I have a 4-speaker system with a subwoofer and just upgrade my computer from a XP system to one running Windows Vista. I suspect it's either the subwoofer or the speakers, because even before the computer upgrade, I had a problem with the sound. Plus audio is fine with headphones.
Yo guys. Kay so. I'm having issues with my speakers as well. They've been very handy the last 5 years. Never had a problem, ever. Even when I had to reformat or w/e my whole computer. I had to do so again so very recently. Today I just tried playing some music and my computer told me there was no sound device. So I replugged in my speakers and checked for a mute thing. I went to control panel, went to everything having the words "sound, device, speakers" anything like that. All of them told me basically the same thing. I have nothing on my computer that supports my speakers. I don't get it. What's wrong with my computer? Being 15 and having almost no computer skills sucks. Help me? Do I need to get some type of installation CD? I had a computer techie fix mine. He wouldn't have missed this. I want to figure out what's wrong before I go back to him for help.
did u ever end up fixing the problem because i'm just having the same problem myself now
im not sure if this will help, but I upgraded from xp to 7 and my headphone jack would not work. when I went into my sound file trough control panel there are two identical audio drivers listed. when one is set as my default devise the speakers on teh laptop work. when the other devise is set as the default then the headphone jack works.
well all u have to do is get a friend datz can do tec/IT stuff then voila ur fixed :)
Cometgamer Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 8, 2010
Apr 8, 2010 at 07:22 PM
I know how to fix this problem, since I am a computer technician and I figured this out on my own, all you have to do is open the control panel, then click on the hardware and sound category, click on sound, or manage audio devices, right click on the first option(or whichever say speakers) and choose properties then under the General tab click the properties icon again, then another window should appear, then click on the driver tab and click on the option Roll Back Driver, this will restore the sound driver to the previous installed driver, it worked for me anyways
Lol, just ROLLBACK ur driver, then everythings work :)
plug them up then turn them up how hard could that be
Dessa Delites
Feb 16, 2009 at 08:18 PM
Go to this website and download AC3Filter 1.51a. : Gohttp://www.ac3filter.net/wiki/Releases/ac3filter_1_51a

I have been trying to solve this problem for two years.
This is the only thing that worked on my 5 year old HP windows XP computer.

Good Luck