Blue screen problem

Closed
Ella - Nov 2, 2008 at 08:39 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 PM
Hello,
Just bought a new computer about 2 months ago never had problem with it untill i tried importing my videos with my video camera using a usb cable, all i can remember that there was a pop up cant remember what it was but i clicked OK anyway, then after that my computer restarted by itseft, but i keep getting the black screen saying about having error on
A recent hardware or software changed must of cause this and it keep counting before trying to start the windows, i can see the windows sign tried to open up but the blue screen flashed once then back to that black screen again with a counter and an error message about A recent hardware then it keep doing the same thing and wont stop untill i switch my computer off. please help me. Thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 PM
Hit F8 multiple times while it's booting to get into "Advanced options menue" then select "last known good configuration" and cross your fingers - it might then boot. You must use the arrow keys to select the option.

If it doesn't then do the same F8 thing and select "safe mode" Windows will slowly boot into safe mode.
go to Start - all Programs - Accessories - systems tools and finally System Restore - select a restore date and time before you attached the Video Camera.