Lost encrypted files can see can't recover

Closed
fm elliott Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday May 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2010 - May 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Christopher L Posts 9 Registration date Friday May 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2010 - May 21, 2010 at 08:33 AM
i have lost encrypted files and not sure why. Trojan maybe. I had my personal jpeg's in an encrypted file that was inside of another folder. these jpegs (about 3g's) were from my camera downloads and some photodeluxe (created) jpegs.

My (hide a file) program warned that it could no longer kide the files when I tried to....so I removed them from hide a file. the whole folder regular and encrypted and not, disappeared off my radar. I downloaded Piraform Recuva and have successfully recovered the regular files. it show the encrypted ones but Recuva couldn't recover them. My registry shows 3 types of encrypted files but I'm not sure what value to put on them if any. the files are located under c:?
Related:

1 response

Christopher L Posts 9 Registration date Friday May 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2010 26
May 21, 2010 at 08:33 AM
Hi,

Possibly because you have encrypted the files. It's not easy to recover them even with some data recovery programs. Try to see if you can decrypt it. Or try another powerful data recovery programs.