Formated primary,now want assign path in win

Closed
dannyk Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 15, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2010 - May 15, 2010 at 12:02 PM
djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 - May 15, 2010 at 06:37 PM
My hard drive was split up into two parts, one part was (C:) and the other (E:). This was set as a standard and came when I brought the computer,which is an li 27 27 laptop.

I had alot of viruses on my computer so I decided to format my whole drive and start fresh,when loading windows 7 os disk,I get up to the part were I'm asked to choose which hard drive I want to insall (win 7).I pick the one that It was on before (C:) and am told windows can not instal to this path because the hard drives not In Ntfs formate.So fo the sake of me using the net for trying to figure out a solution to this problem I install to drive (E:).Once my computers up and running I go my computer and drive (E:) has now become drive (C:) and other drive is none existent in windows.I do some research and through this I go into disk managment and try to assign a Drive path letter manualy.I find the drive in disk managemt but the trouble is I can not assess the prive letter path option to do so.Deleat and Help are only my options.

Now I'm stuck and losing out of 63 gb of hard drive capacity,which bits the biscut!

Can anyone suggest anything?
Related:

1 response

djsmurf Posts 98 Registration date Friday January 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 30, 2011 19
May 15, 2010 at 06:37 PM
I know you have already installed your new OS but with it being new it should not be a big deal. I would re-format the entire drive in NTFS then reinstall the OS rather then deal with hidden drive portions.

You can use https://www.ntfs.com/index.html

for question about anything NTFS its a great site, let me know if you have any luck or need anymore help mate.