Printer/Wireless Laptop Network Problems

Closed
Judy - May 19, 2010 at 01:48 PM
 Ellen - May 19, 2010 at 09:48 PM
Hello,
I have a wireless laptop cart with 16 Dell computers, using Windows XP, with a NOvell Netware Network. I'm having trouble with connecting the printer. The printer was working(laptops were connecting to the printer), but all of a sudden, none of the laptops were connecting to the printer. Thought it was our router but all of the laptops are getting onto the internet and the network--just not the printer. I printed out the configuration page and noticed that the TCP/IP port address had changed, so I changed that on the laptop, but still no printing occurred. I printed out the configuration sheets and on the Embedded Protocol Page the Novell/Netware Status has a message underneath that says: Not configured, and the IPX/SPX Status says Unable to Sense net number. Not sure if that indicates the problem or not.
Related:

1 response

Hi there,

Uninstall all printer drivers.

Then, go to the registry and delete the ff entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers\ LanMan Print Services\Servers\\Printers\

After the registry edit, you need to stop and restart the spooler service.
(START>RUN>SERVICES.MSC>PRINS SPOOLER SERVICE)

You might have to do it on all computers. Probably caused by an update in Windows.

Cheers.
Ellen