No Audio Device or Sound Icon

Closed
mreilly615 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen May 21, 2010 - May 21, 2010 at 07:01 AM
 Pallab - May 21, 2010 at 07:20 AM
Hello,

I have a Dell 5510. I bought a pair of speakers at a yard sale. When I plugged them into my system they didn't work. I plugged my pair in and now they won't work. They worked before. I have tried everything I can think of. When I go into system and look under sound there is no audio device showing. The sound icon is gone from my tray. When I put in my Dell express installer Cd with the SoundMAX audio drivers I get this error: Device object not present. Restart the system & run setup again. This doesn't work. My audio driver is SIGMATEL Stac 92XX C-Major HD Audio. I trying to figure out if there is anything I can do. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go buy a or totally restore my system. I really don't want to do the last thing. Any help would be really really appreciated.

Related:

1 response

These types of problems are common in Dell and Acer laptops. It usually happens due to the corruption of the operating system. Don't worry, just repair your OS. with the CD provided by your manufacturer (if any) or format and reinstall the OS.

Hope this might solve your problem.

NB. You didn't specify if your external sound system needs to be plugged in externally to any power line or not. If it is so, then first check the earthing matter and voltage. There may be chances of power overdrain to the laptop via your sound box.

Thanks and regards

Pallab