Redirecting virus

Solved/Closed
doublelungshot Posts 5 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2010 - May 30, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 2, 2010 at 04:37 AM
Hello,
I saw where you helped someone with their log from "hijackthis". I was hoping you could help me with mine. I've tried Malwarebytes with no success. Thanks in advance.

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 30, 2010 at 04:56 PM
Well, okay, if you insist. But I cannot promise an answer today, you may have to way till tomorrow for the diagnosis and solution.

Download and install Hyjackthis. Request a scan and save a log. From the edit menu, select all, copy and paste your log here.

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Catch you later
doublelungshot Posts 5 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2010
May 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Forum won't let me post log. I keep getting syntax error.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 31, 2010 at 03:26 PM
If you copy the log by dragging your mouse you should be able to by-pass the error. Don't forget you must request scan and save a log not just scan.
May 31, 2010 at 05:16 PM
I captured your message by accident as it was sent to the dustbin because you used a word not allowed on this forum. If you say you are, you will become! Just copy the log no matter what it looks like and I will tell you how it is on the receiving line. If it looks good to it may look good to me. Also, believe me, there is more than one way to skin a Trojan Horse.

If you keep thinking like you have, your country is vowed to be doomed.
doublelungshot Posts 5 Registration date Sunday May 30, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2010
May 31, 2010 at 07:51 PM
I've been at this since Friday afternoon. My wife is gonna divorce me if I spend any more time on this. This is what I'm doing. Tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I hit scan and save log. The log pops up in a "notepad" box. I click Edit, highlight the whole log. I then try to paste it in the answer box on this forum and I get a syntax error. What is a syntax error? Just to make sure I could paste, I did paste it in an email. I need a break. Let me go watch the oil spill that's going to wipe my state off the map. It will put things in perspective for me. Thanks for your time.
Jun 1, 2010 at 05:11 AM
Hello,

I have also been watching the shores being washed by the oil. Catastrophic! Such a beautiful State which has many cultural and historical links with us in Quebec and New-Brunswick.

A syntax error is a programming error. If your copy and paste functions do not work, your Windows may have been damaged. Hence, even if we send the Trojan Horse to the glue factory, the syntax problem may remain.

We will try progressively to correct, one step at a time.

1. On your Internet Explorer, go to tools and Internet Options and connexions.
2. Click on the last button "Network". Ensure that "Use a proxy" is checked OFF.

If it was checked, your redirect problem should be solved... if not

3. Go to start, all programs and tools, system restore. Once open pick a date where you last remember your system was healthy and click okay. Your system will reboot to those last known configurations and you will not loose any data.

Check to see if the problem is solved. If not...

4. Because I don't know about the state of the entrails of your system here is a powerfull tool:

To keep your system safe, you must follow the instructions hereunder to the letter:

1. Download Combofix to your desktop.

http://www.combofix.org/download.php

2.Close all open Windows including this one.

Close or disable all running Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix.

3. Double click on the ComboFix icon.

Windows is issuing this prompt because ComboFix does not have a digital signature. This is perfectly normal and safe and you can click on the Run button to continue.

4. Accept the disclaimer and the recovery

5.You should now press the Yes button to continue. If at any time during the Recovery Console installation you receive a message stating that it failed to install, please allow ComboFix to continue with the scan of your computer.

ComboFix will disconnect your computer from the Internet, so do not be surprised or concerned if you receive any warnings stating that you are no longer on the Internet. When ComboFix has finished it will automatically restore your Internet connection.

While the program is scanning your computer, it will change your clock format, so do not be concerned when you see this happen. When ComboFix is finished it will restore your clock settings to their previous settings.

If you see your Windows desktop disappear, do not worry. This is normal and ComboFix will restore your desktop before it is finished. Eventually you will see a new screen that states the program is almost finished and telling you the programs log file, or report, will be located at C:\ComboFix.txt.

During the process, please do not mouse click nor must you tap on the keyboard. Let the tool run.

After one or all of these steps, please give me some feedback.

In the meantime, please transmit my best regards to you wife and thank her for her patience and understanding.

Cordially
Jun 1, 2010 at 06:30 PM
Ok, this is what I did. I had printed some other posts you had made with regards to this problem. You made the suggestion to one poster for him to remove all his BHO files. I did that and also removed a file called Toolbar:Google.... The redirecting problem has been solved. I still have issues (computer locks up after screensaver has been on for a long period of time) but I can live with those. Thanks for all of your help. I wish our coastal problem could be solved as quickly as this was. Thanks again. Scott
Jun 1, 2010 at 06:33 PM
Also, I will save your combofix solution should I have any serious problems in the future. Thanks again for your time. This is the one thing I love about the internet.
Jun 2, 2010 at 04:37 AM
I am happy your issue is solved. I once had the screensaver locking up on me. It is just a memory problem because of the applications running in the background. Run Startuplite, it will help : https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
Now you can also run Malwarebyte for a scrubby dub dub.

Anyhow you are welcome, for a better world give to the next