Computer boots but then loses video and sound

Closed
Scottieg99 - 31 May 2010 à 10:34
closeup22 Posts 8922 Registration date Friday 15 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 7 October 2010 - 31 May 2010 à 13:41
Hello,

I recently just purchased a new video card and I installed it myself. After doing multiple tests and what not I decided to run some games on it. I will boot into the game and it will load fine as per normal, however around 6 minutes in the video will suddenly die and sound just stops. I have CPU-Z open when it happens and my video card is at 40C and my CPU is around 60C (all 4 cores of my Q6600). Does anyone know anything I can try to pinpoint the problem since I can't really see anything when the monitor goes out?

Thanks,

Scott



Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8922 Registration date Friday 15 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 7 October 2010 2,099
31 May 2010 à 13:41
Hi there,

Change your psu and add with higher wattage to system.

Thanks