Search & delete file type on Windows startup

Closed
Robert - Nov 9, 2008 at 09:24 PM
 sucre - May 19, 2009 at 03:13 AM
Hello,

May i know how to write a script (*.bat) or something that can automatically search & delete certain file types i.e **.zip on Windows startup.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Robert
Related:

2 responses

rubrami281 Posts 164 Registration date Tuesday September 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 104
Nov 9, 2008 at 10:27 PM
Your .bat file will contain basic commands that you can run in a command prompt. For example "del C:\Downloads\Temp\*". You will create your .bat file with a text editor, like notepad.

Once this is done you will need to setup a time for it to run in the Windows Task Scheduler, which you will happily find in the Control Panel under Scheduled Tasks.

Now sit back, and relax. You're off to the races.
Hi Rubrami281,

Thanks for your help but my problem is that i have many files stored everywhere in 2 different drives and i cannot list out locations of all these files

Besides, is there anyway to automatically run a bat file without using Windows Task Scheduler?

Thanks a lot!

Hop
Mick > Robert
Nov 14, 2008 at 02:57 AM
Hi Hop,
You can place a shortcut to the *.bat file that you have created , in the Windows startup folder
Right click on the "START" button, then left click on "Open All Users"

Navigate to PROGRAMS > STARTUP and then create your short cut there.
Then when Windows starts up the batch file will run, performing the tasks that you have coded into the batch file
Thanks i am grateful for ur help.